Friday, September 3, 2021

Butterfly Shawl Top / Open Sleeve Poncho | Fashion









This was made by making two shawls and then attaching them together in four places leaving the opening for the head and then an open shoulder. 
It's a perfect cover-up for wearing over a tank or small t-shirt or even a bathing suit. 
I got this idea from a fellow group member of Bella Coco- The Crochet Club on Facebook, Alexandra Nielsen. She did one using the virus shawl graph pattern which is one that I am planning on doing next. Hers looks shorter than mine but she also looks to be a smaller size as well! :)
I used one strand each of two different colors by Artiste #10 Cotton Thread in Caribbean Blue and Jade and a 4 mm crochet hook. It took a total of 8 balls of yarn so 2800 yards.
isbi_fullxfull.1209056821_2jjhpbyp
I used the diagram pattern by Elena Kozhukhar available free on Ravelry.com. I worked 50 rows total for both shawls and just did half double crochet around for the edging. There are a lot of options out there for shawl edging but I just wanted something simple.

It’s important to keep track of where you want to end your butterfly set-up, my last row for the set up was 41 – it takes 8 rows to complete the butterfly stitch. This photo is a close up to show the butterfly stitch a little better.
isbi_fullxfull.1209076305_fiqzpjwx
It is a beautiful stitch that can be incorporated in many different ways.
I am planning on doing a tablecloth and blanket and maybe add it to a purse or bag pattern using this stitch and will post it when finished. If you have any other ideas of how this stitch can be used please leave a comment below to help inspire me and everyone else! :)
If you do make this project and have any questions please leave me a comment below or by email at contact@fransplace1018.com.
Thank you so much for stopping in on my blog and I hope you will subscribe to stay updated and come back again soon!
You can find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/fransplace1018

No comments:

Post a Comment